ENTER the Woman Who Achieves Solopreneur Awards 2019
“Entering Awards are a great way to power up your personal brand but many people hold back. Why is that? I’m told it’s a mixture of confidence, fear of failure and lack of belief that your business and where you are right now is good enough.
I’m particularly proud to say that my awards are not all about the financials, who you know and how long you’ve been trading. They are a platform for supporting women in business (and a few men too) to get a foot on the ladder, some great PR in a safe and supportive environment. I am there for each Finalists at each step of their journey and by the end of the process, they are instilled with confidence to enter other Awards. But that’s not all, the promotion carries on well beyond the Awards Lunch and continues for a full 12 months and beyond.” Sandra Garlick
“Solopreneurs are some of the hardest working business owners in the country, turning their hand to sales, marketing, delivery, finances, admin and much more. Having grown my business Leaders by Nature over a number of years as a solopreneur, I’m delighted to judge these awards and look forward to reviewing and showcasing the talent that exists in this space. These are the businesses of the future, the ones to watch and it’s exciting to see where they will go from here.” Jude Jennison (Judge)
“I was thrilled to be asked to judge the Woman Who Solopreneur Awards because as individuals, solopreneurs work incredibly hard to run their businesses and collectively contribute a huge amount to the local economy. It will be an honour to recognise and acknowledge this group of women and celebrate their achievements!” Karen Heap (Judge)
“As a Master of Ceremonies, I host dozens of award ceremonies each year and get to see, first hand, how hard it can be for solopreneurs to compete against the ‘big guns’ of business. The judging criteria is often stacked against them, but at last there is some good news…
The Woman Who Achieves Solopreneur Awards provide a great opportunity for people who work alone to gain recognition for their hard work and the significant contribution they make to the UK economy.
I’m delighted and proud to be a judge for the awards and can’t wait to read through the entries. I know I’ll be inspired and impressed by the standard, and my only concern is for those solopreneurs who don’t enter and miss out on the chance to celebrate their success. So, my message is – enter NOW! What have you got to lose?” Dave Sharpe (Judge)
Definition of a Solopreneur:
“An entrepreneur who works alone… ‘solo’ running their business single-handed.”
“A person who sets up and runs a business on their own.”
Sandra Garlick, the founder of Woman Who said: “So often Solopreneurs are overlooked in Awards but there are some amazing businesses out there and that’s why I’ve announced that the Woman Who Achieves Solopreneur Awards 2019 are taking place.”
The Woman Who Achieves Solopreneur Awards are open for entry until midnight on Sunday 21st July.
You may work with associates but quite simply you run your business as a Sole Trader or sole Director and don’t employ anyone.
- When you first click ENTER HERE you will visit the online platform. If you have previously registered, simply login. If not, you will need to Register. Once registered you can just login and complete/update your entry.
- If you are nominating someone else, you will need to enter all their details on the nomination form. When you submit their entry, they will be notified and asked to add anything they wish to their entry.
- Once you have logged in, read the Important Awards Information
- Click Start Entry
- You then need to select the overall Category you are entering: Solopreneur Awards
- This then shows the Criteria and Guidelines for entry.
- The great thing about the online form is that you simply SAVE it and you can come back to it and change it at any time up to the deadline.
- Once you have completed your entry simply click Submit. You can still revisit the entry right up to the deadline and amend it.
- If you entered the Woman Who Achieves Awards and wish to resurrect your entry just let us know. Remember you must be a Solopreneur to enter.
- When you have submitted your entry, you will receive your Solopreneur ‘Proud to be Nominated Logo‘
Entries for the Solopreneur Awards close at Midnight on Sunday 21st July. Interviews will take place on 4th September and the Awards Lunch is on Friday 4th October at The Warwickshire, Leek Wootton. (You must be available to attend both the interview and the Awards Lunch.)
If you are on our mailing list you will be notified of all the relevant dates and don’t forget to join the Woman Who Facebook Community where Sandra Garlick will be sharing tips on entering the Awards.
Then our Awards specialists Century PR can lend a helping hand and we have negotiated a special rate for Woman Who… entrants.
Century PR is Coventry’s longest established PR company with a fantastic track record in winning awards for their clients on a regional and national level. If you’re interested please contact Celeste Clarke on 024 7622 8881 or by email email@example.com
We are delighted to be working with John Cleary Photography this year. John specialises in Personal Branding and Portrait photography for Women in Business.
Meet the Judges: