We know that it’s tough for you to talk about yourself in glowing terms, but now is not the time to be modest. Just think about all that you have achieved to date!
We know that many Awards organisers just leave you to it.
However, the Woman Who Achieves Awards are different. We want to encourage you and help you at each stage of the Awards process. So join our Facebook Community and watch out for updates and top tips.
These tips may also assist:
- Think about the things you have achieved… a qualification, recognition, personal achievement, starting a business, a promotion, a testimonial, a new innovation or initiative. I bet you could list at least 20 things you have achieved.
- Read the Award Categories and Guidelines for Entry. I bet that you fit into a least two, if not more. Take a deep breath, be bold and start filling in one of the Entry Forms.
- Tell us your story. What have you done to get where you are now, what are you doing now and what are your goals and aspirations for the future? Imagine you are telling us a story. You will find it much easier to write your submission and you will have a snapshot of your business achievements.
- Think about what the judges would be interested in. They may not have time to read brochures or look through your website, so make sure that every word counts, be concise and make sure that you describe your product or service. Insert pictures if that would help.
- No marks are gained for multiple nominations, so there is no point in getting your friends and contacts to send in multiple entries. The judges will merely be informed that multiple entries have been received. It is far better to have one strong entry from you with great testimonials.
- You can enter more than one category. We encourage you to enter as many of the categories as you can. Sponsors are also permitted to enter the awards, but not in a category that they sponsor.
- Can you think of someone else who you think ought to enter but hasn’t got the confidence to start the process? If you start the process for them, they will be encouraged to send us the rest of the information. Over 80% of our entries in 2016 were from a friend or business contact but we really encourage you to enter yourself.
- No marks are given or deducted for presentation but it helps. Use paragraphs, bullet points and headings to make it easier for our Judges to read. However, remember… it’s all about the quality of your entry and so please do check your spelling. You could type out the answers first on Word and then copy and paste them into the online entry form.
- Ask for help. There is no rule or reason why someone else can’t draft your entry for you. You may have a team member, someone who does your marketing or a PR company who can draft your entry for you. You may also contact Celeste Clarke at Century PR to help, as we have negotiated a special rate for the Woman Who Achieves Awards entrants.
- Don’t leave it until the last day. Unlike many Awards, we don’t extend the deadline for entry. It is set at Midnight on Sunday 23rd February for all Women in Business entries and will not be extended. There are reasons for this. We ensure that every entry is presented in the same format for our shortlist judges at the same time. All entries are treated equally and everyone has had the same period of time to enter. (The deadline for the Rising Star Awards are later as there are no interviews involved. There will also be no interview for the Finalists of the Phoenix Award.)
What happens next?
- All entries will receive an email about what will happen next and a ‘Proud to be Nominated Logo’.
- Once the deadline has closed the entries will be prepared for our shortlist judges.
- Shortlist Judging will take place during the first week in March (Business Categories only).
- The Finalists in each category will be announced at the Woman Who Inspires Network on Monday 9th March during our celebration of International Women’s Day #EachforEqual.
- All Finalists will be invited to an interview with one of our Judges Panels on Monday 23rd March at The Warwickshire, Leek Wootton.
- The Winners will be announced in a celebration of women in business at an Awards Lunch on Friday 1st May 2020 at Coombe Abbey.
Delivered in partnership with FSB (Federation of Small Businesses East & West Midlands Regions)