“I know that it’s tough for you to talk about yourself in glowing terms, but now is not the time to be modest. Just think about all that you have achieved to date!
So sit back, grab a coffee and just think about a few things… then take a look at the Award Categories and ENTER NOW
I know that many Awards organisers just leave you to it. However, the Woman Who Achieves Solopreneur Awards are different. I know that this may be your first awards experience. I also know that you probably think it’s odd to nominate yourself. However, no-one knows your business better than you and I want to encourage you and help you at each stage of the Awards process. So join our Facebook Community and watch out for updates and top tips.”
These tips may also assist:
- Think about the things you have achieved… a qualification, recognition, personal achievement, starting a business, a promotion, a testimonial, a new innovation or initiative. I bet you could list at least 20 things you have achieved.
- Read the Award Categories and Guidelines for Entry. I bet that you fit into a least two, if not more. Take a deep breath, be bold and start filling in one of the Entry Forms.
- Tell us your story. What have you done to get where you are now, what are you doing now and what are your goals and aspirations for the future? Imagine you are telling us a story. You will find it much easier to write your submission and you will have a snapshot of your business achievements.
- Think about what the judges would be interested in. They may not have time to read brochures or look through your website, so make sure that every word counts, be concise and make sure that you describe your product or service. Insert pictures if that would help and include your head shot.
- No marks are gained for multiple nominations, so there is no point in getting your friends and contacts to send in multiple entries. The judges will merely be informed that multiple entries have been received. It is far better to have one strong entry from you with great testimonials.
- You can enter more than one category. We encourage you to enter as many of the categories as you can but please tailor each one to the category entered. Sponsors are also permitted to enter the awards, but not in a category that they sponsor.
- Can you think of someone else who you think ought to enter but hasn’t got the confidence to start the process? If you start the process for them, they will be encouraged to send us the rest of the information.
- No marks are given or deducted for presentation but it helps. Use paragraphs, bullet points and headings to make it easier for our Judges to read. However, remember… it’s all about the quality of your entry and so please do check your spelling. You could type out the answers first on Word and then copy and paste them into the online entry form.
- Ask for help. There is no rule or reason why someone else can’t draft your entry for you. You may have a team member, someone who does your marketing or a PR company who can draft your entry for you.
- Don’t leave it until the last day. Unlike many Awards, we don’t extend the deadline for entry. It is set at Midnight on Sunday 16th August. This deadline will not be extended. There are reasons for this. We ensure that every entry is presented in the same format for our shortlist judges at the same time. All entries are treated equally and everyone has had the same period of time to enter.
So what are you waiting for?
What happens next?
- All entries will receive an email about what will happen next and a ‘Proud to be Nominated Logo‘.
- Once the deadline has closed the entries will be prepared for our shortlist judges.
- Shortlist Judging will take place during the last week of August
- The Finalists in each category will be announced at the Woman Who Inspires Network on Monday 7th September.
- The Winners will be announced in a celebration of women in business at an online Awards Event on Friday 16th October.
So here they are, the details of the Woman Who Achieves Solopreneur Awards 2020.
The Awards are open to any woman in business sole trader or sole director in the UK.
Due to current restrictions, this year’s Woman Who Achieves Solopreneur Awards will be delivered online. However, they will still be interactive and feature inspirational keynotes, our usual awards (plus a few surprise awards), and lots of networking. Plus, your family can watch with you. There will be interviews with the winner and the event will be recorded so you can watch it back again and again.
The huge benefit of these online awards is that you don’t have to travel, you can be based anywhere and you’ll make lots of new connections.
Entry is open until Midnight on Sunday 16th August 2020. The online Awards event will take place on Friday 16th October from 12 noon-2.30pm.
So what’s the entry criteria?
You run your business on your own either as a sole trader or a Director of a Limited Company. You are home based, have an office or work in a shared office space. You generally work alone or with associates.
You will have set yourself personal goals and can demonstrate how you have achieved them. You will be able to tell us about your business journey, any challenges or obstacles about working alone and how you have overcome them, including your goals, aspirations for the future and your achievements to date.
The Judges want to hear about your journey. They want to understand about any personal goals you have set that have helped you get to where you are today. The Judges realise that you run your business on your own and the challenges that can arise. They want to hear how you have dealt with lone working in your business and any associations or alliances you have formed to enable your business to grow and succeed. Please also include any growth plans and how you would scale up your business in the future including any financial forecasts.
- Just Starting Out (Not yet trading-6 months)
- Start Up (6 months-2 years)
- Home Business
- Retail & Products
- Creative World
- Trading Internationally
- Overcoming Adversity
- Inspirational Solopreneur
The deadline for entries is midnight on Sunday 16th August 2020.
Interested in sponsoring Woman Who? Just get in touch to find out more
Delivered in partnership with the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)